-- MY FIRST WEEK IN TIKL | scattered-memoirs

MY FIRST WEEK IN TIKL

Im so sorry for the lack of updates, this post should have been up weeks ago but i forgot to finish it t_t the title was supposed to be my first week in tikl but since i just passed my silaturrahim week, or in english, bonding (?) week, im going to tell you what happened during my first month. 


Anyway, based on my previous post {click} i got accepted into sm teknik kuala lumpur. and yes, i chose to go for it. I dont know how to say this but it is a good decision, but it also gave me a few consequences, for sure.

TiKL is an amazing school, it's filled with sporting students, unlike my previous one, but yes yes yes, it is not all fun rainbows and sunshines there.

My first day a.k.a registration of the first intake went well. We began our journey around 730am, after sending my siblings to school. After going through the jams, not being able to find the right route and such, we arrived there around 830am. To be very honest, I didnt really feel that much nervous throughout the journey but as soon as we were about to enter the school, my heart started to thump like crazy.. In addition I was reading my friends' messages who also got accepted into technic school and they were updating about how it was currently going.

                 


At the entrance, there were two students waiting and they gave us the tentative for the day. We then met a few students who were in charge of the parkings. Parked the car and we went to the hall for the registration, they gave me a number and i waited inside the hall at the counter according to my course, which is commerce. there were two counters for my course, and there were two students calling out numbers, i got 4 commerce 2. they just sort us in our classes randomly according to the number, if counter 2 call your number, then you'll be in 4c2, but if counter 1 call your number, then you'll be in 4c1.

Settled my forms and stuffs and then we went to register me in my dorm. In TiKL, the dorms for girls are named after flowers while the boys' dorms are named after a famous figure. And then my dad went to take my stuffs from the car, while I went to my dorm to choose a bed. Basically the dorms for form 4s are filled with bunk bed, and wooden lockers. I was expecting for the iron type but thats fine i guess...

After sorting out my stuffs in the locker, we went to wait in the hall for a brief. I was just casually scrolling through twitter and then I realised the lanyard where I hang the key to my locker is not in my pocket. like. legit. I went around to the places I walked and thANKFULLY I found it near my dorm. I thank god no one took it ;-;

The students did a pledge, we also met our mpp before saying out the pledge. They were really friendly and they told us bits and bobs about the school. After the brief ended, the teachers allowed us to go out for an outing with our parents, and asked us to come back to the school before 6pm. I went to Cheras Leisure Mall to find some extra pants and ate lunch at nandos.


     


I arrived at tikl around 430pm. My parents went home and I went to my dorm, took a shower and such. That night we had a session with our seniors. Lights off is around 1130pm and we need to get back to dorm around 1045pm, take our supper and prepare ourselves to sleep. I didnt take my supper during my second night since during the first day i only got to cleanse my face and use my toner because we need to recite the Al-Mulk before going to sleep. I thought I'd have time to do my skincare routine if i skip supper but turned out to be i still didnt get much time.....

We havent start learning and our days were only filled with orientation and rounding. One thing that saddens me is the fact that this school dont have outings during the week where we're not allowed to go home............but they will air movie every saturday during the week. 

I guess that is it for my first week in tikl? It was short since we got the chance to go home for chinese holiday, and Im really thankful that our registration day was in the same week as cny holiday lel.

4th March update

Honestly, I cant really recall what happened in my first few weeks, and yes, I'm full of regrets about the fact that I didnt jot down anything about it in my planner. As far as I remember, we went through our silaturrahim week, after the second intake students registered.

SW was fun, imo, the seniors are very kind to us. Every morning throughout the sw, we did aerobics. istg to me it was the most, fun activity we did. Everyone were very sporting and the steps that our seniors planned were so cool and it made everyone took part. We also play some sort of sports with our seniors! It was so exciting and I'm very thankful about the fact that they tried their best to make the sw enjoyable.

We had a feast on the last day of sw as a sign of welcome to the juniors. We ate dinner which was kind of different from the usual days where the foods were kinda.. special i guess? haha

The part I like the most is when we watch a video where the seniors made for us. Honestly, I felt so welcomed just by watching the video, A+ for their effort, really.

I hate the fact that I didnt get the chance to take pictures of the moments I had. It's something I'd like to keep forever. Lowkey wish the BB team of the school would make a video of the sw );

1 month and + in technical institute of kuala lumpur and im so far, fine. Of course I did went through a few things, but hey, lets bring it up to my future post shall we?

x, That Ravenclaw.

That Ravenclaw

Thank you for reading! xoxo, That Ravenclaw.

15 comments:

  1. Glad you kinda like and love your new school! High and away, we should!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we need to learn to love our school in order to enjoy our learning process ^^

      Delete
  2. wahhh , masuk TI kl . akak dulu Ti penang . hehe . you should proud sebab dalam ramai ramai awak yang terpilih

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm very grateful i was chosen~ i didnt know a lot of people requested to be in TiKL until the teachers keep mentioning about it ><

      Delete
  3. Such a wonderful school and great people there. I'm sure that you feel blessed to be part of the community. Enjoy your school time and good luck too. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the students are very amazing indeed! thank you and i will :)

      Delete
  4. I just noticed that the school is in Cheras and we're neighbour.. haha.. My college poscode is 56100.. hahaha.. I'm glad you're doing good and enjoying your moment there.. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thats near! we could have met during TiKL's enterpreneurship day last week ><

      Delete
  5. Fewitt, it's a good thing that the seniors are kind. one of my biggest reasons to not go to boarding school is because I'm afraid I'll get bullied by evil seniors lol

    good luck in your studies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nah, if youre kind with them then they'll do so too :D thank you v much xx

      Delete
  6. I'm glad everyone is sporting and friendly. Hope you'll have a great time in TiKL and achieve flying colours in your studies :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha.. Well maybe we could meet some other time.. Anyways, you're tagged ..!xD
    https://razanahanis.blogspot.my/2017/03/chapter-28-sunshine-blogger-award_5.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for tagging me! i'll do once i get to find a free time :)

      Delete

I love footprints. So why dont you leave yours? Anyway, if you would like to get notification when I reply to your comment, just tick the "Notify Me" box!