-- I GOT ACCEPTED INTO A BOARDING SCHOOL | scattered-memoirs

I GOT ACCEPTED INTO A BOARDING SCHOOL

Hello everyone!!!! aaa it has been awhile.


Like literally i havent post anything for two weeks. Ive only been replying to comments. I didnt do blog walking that much either. Form 4 is such a hectic phase as they said man.....

Anyway, this is just a quick and short update. I have already wrote the post which I actually should have posted last week, but I didnt get to. Since I'm in rush, I need this current one, you're reading, I decided to post this one first.

The point of this post is of course, mainly about the offer i got into a boarding school. I was surprised as well, but I'm very grateful.

I got an offer from the Technical Institute of Kuala Lumpur. Honestly, I wasnt expecting an offer from this school. Plus, it's a cluster one, so I wasnt really hoping much. My mom asked me to just apply for this school - while my father was on the opposite site, i dont know why either haha.

I placed my application a night before, like literally, so I didnt think much, I just chose this school cause my friends chose this one too lol. I dont know that much about technic school either so I wasnt really bothered to do a research and just go with this one (that was dumb, pls dont do this to the current Form 3s). My father asked me to make Civil Engineering as my first choice, and Eletrical Engineering as my second. But I decided to follow my stupid instict.. I chose Business as my first choice and CE as my second.

Lord, I was dumb, I should have just chose civil engineering. Last night when I got the result, I had to look up what subjects am I going to learn. I got to know that I'll be taking:
Malay Language
English Language
Mathematics
Religious studies
P.E classes
History
Physics
Chemistry
Addmaths
Business studies
Accountancy
11 subjects. I'm honestly so scared i wont be able to handle accounts. I mean like i have physics... chem... addmaths.. business to catch up with.. plus i need to do folio for accounts. Im so scared of my ability TTTT different from my current school, im in the pure science class, my elective subjects only include chem, physics, bio and addmaths. I'm also scared of dropping biology for this school, i'm afraid I might change my mind after SPM and that my future job requires biology studies...


My heart feels heavy to leave my current school too. I mean, my friends here wont be the same as the new ones I will be getting there, dont they? (as if I'll succeed in making friends in my new school though). My friends here are amazing, now that I'm moving I am counting the blessings they gave me. I get the best birthday ever from my friends here, not forgetting how a few of them help cheering me up when I'm down. I hope I'll be able to make friends there, hope that God will give me friends who are like them, so they could fill in the void inside me.

If I leave, i wont be able to catch up with dramas (lmao), wont be able to get a taste of my current school foods, wont be able to meet my international idol if they ever come, wont be able to be a counselling prefect anymore, which is my favourite job in school, i will have to leave these few amazing person at my current school who help produce excitement in me, i will have to leave my amazing 4 science 1 classmate, I wont be able to be active on blogging, and many more........I'm trying my best to tell myself, that these things will hopefully, I could see, enjoy and experience again later, but it is so hard. I'm already used with the environment here, I'm starting to love the people around me - which is probably, the main reason why it's currently hard for me to leave. I've been so eager to leave this school ever since Form 1, but why am I suddenly doubting like this when I have the chance to leave?

Overall, what do you think? should i accept this offer? or stay in my current school? is the accounts subject easy? hope to see comments down below before I register into the school, this Monday 23rd January 2017. Till then, bye! x

That Ravenclaw

Thank you for reading! xoxo, That Ravenclaw.

29 comments:

  1. Hey ravenclaw, I have a friend who during sec school was a science stream student but when she got herself in matriculation she's taking accounts. It was not easy tho, I saw how her struggle when evryone decide to walk, she decide to run. The struggle get double. but.. she manage to get 4 flat along the matriculation year and i tot if you like maths and you trust yourself then why not?

    When im doing my degree i also take minor subject on business, it requires a lot of reading and memorizing materials, so basically it was just like maths + history lessons.

    Btw good luck and may God ease your plan. ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much for your explanation!!! i hope i will come up with a decision soon!! xx (〃^▽^〃)

      Delete
  2. Good luck in ur future undertaking. Account is so simple for science stream student i guess. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not easy to be accepted in a cluster school.. You are lucky to be part of them and if I'm at your place, I would just go for it.. Cluster school had their own ways and they would make sure to teach the best for their students, so that they could maintain their status.. Have faith in yourself and go for it.. Allah is there with you..^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i hope going to this school is the best decision, thank u for the sweet words! x (´。• ω •。`) ♡

      Delete
  4. when I was your age, I got the same offer from Teknik KL but I didn't go because it'll took my precious internet time from me lol.

    you should consult your parents about it and then think about what you want to be in the future. well, at least the gist of it.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!! i decided to just move to this school :) hope it is a good decision (◕‿◕)♡

      Delete
    2. Good for you!

      I guess I won't be seeing you in the blog sphere for a while xD

      Delete
    3. I've already started to missed out so much from blogger ;-;

      Delete
  5. You dont have to worry about.Account study is 3 times easier than Biologi you know.I studied it by myself without any teachers.So no need to worry.Bussiness study I think its more to concept.And it much easier than you study Biology that more than theory.You need to understand how your body work.If you misunderstood even a little thing,everything gonna wrong.So my dear I think you make the right choice.Dont regret.Just go for it... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my biggest worry is what if my future job, which i still couldnt think of yet, requires biology ;-; my seniors suggested me to go with business too, but i guess i will just see how the registration day goes, my aunt said i could request for course transfer, if they allow me to choose civil engineering then i will rethink i guess u.u

      Delete
  6. you should be happy you got accepted!
    no worries okay.
    every achievement need sacrifice
    on the bright side, you will get to meet new friends, new environment

    xx www.atheeradayana.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for the sweet words!! i hope i could easily adapt in the new environment and make new friends smoothly TT

      Delete
  7. I took 10 subjects same as the one you're gonna take (except business) when I was sitting for SPM :) It never easy, gotta wreck your body in order to strive for success. I have the same concern when I was in form 5 that if I drop one subject would it affects my future options lol yes, at certain point because you can plan the future but either it will happened the way you plan or not, it wasn't in your hand :)

    And about Accountancy lol it's easy (seriously speaking) it just that you need to fully understand the concepts and a lot of exercise to familiarize yourself with the formats.

    Sounds hard?
    Well, that is the price for success.

    Would you up for the challenge or not? XD That's the question.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i hope going to do this school is the right decision TTT my aunt said i will be able to change my course on the registration day but im not sure if thats true yet, do u think i should change to civil engineering if i get too? if i dont get to change i hope accounts will be nice to me ;-; and the other subjects too TT

      Delete
  8. i know my ravenclaw would do it!! you got into such a great school, i'm so proud of you TT

    mann i feel so empty after leaving my host fam and now i can only meet you for one day before you leave ;-;

    time flies so fast ,,

    who would go to kconcert with me after this, who would remember my bday even w/o telling it a few days before sigh , who would remind me things abt school and prefect things after this hmm

    whatever it is, i know that you will do great in your school. hoping that your new friends are awesome just like you and makes you forget about the bad days you have. good luck gurl!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOUUUU MY SLYTHERIN!! im sad about the fact we could only spend a day together before i go /sighs/

      but hey, i'm pretty sure i'll still try to make my time if our faves ever come again lel ;) thank you for everything mate!! Xx

      Delete
  9. You might feel miserable now Sher, but follow your heart. There's a lot of difference between Biology and Accountancy. If you like calculation, you should just go for Accountancy and if you're good in memorizing then choose Biology. But I would likely say, Accountancy ways better. Biology seems like not really important for us unless if we really want to become a doctor. Focus more on your Addmats, Physics and Chemistry. They will help you more. And about the school, just go for it! You won't get the chance twice! You won't lose your friends though, you will gain more of them! =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. gladly, i chose to follow my heart! i just went thru my first week in my new school and it was okay to me :) i hope i will be fine though ;-; thank you for the sweet words!! much love xx

      Delete
  10. first of all, OMG, thats a lot to study!!

    personally, i'd choose to stay because i love staying home. you'll get more chance to be everywhere after spm so staying home is golden to me. and of course the tv and i hated to be on schedule. i've been in matriculation and trust me, the ones going to normal daily school actually were the majority scoring 4.0 pointer. the lecturers also vouched for that. i also have friend that jump in accounting after spm and she do admit it was hard not having basic but she pull through just as good. she was even the best student scoring A's in all science subjects. imagine how shocked we were knowing she went totally on a different course. it's totally true, dropping biology would close a quarter of possible career in the future but being a full fledged science student still grant you access to lots of other career. something about being a science student is so pandai and all. anyhoo, think hard of what you really really want because you know yourself better. all those ada kerja or not is not really that important because i believe we will always have rezeki somewhere. i'll pray the best for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know right! my exam is in march but even after cny holiday i will still be in my orientation week ;-; so scared we wont be able to cover the syllabus before exam TTT

      anyway, i chose to go ahead with this school, so far it is just fine but i'm still worried about the future..

      thank you for the words, i got a hint of what should i do and such, and with the help of my caunsellor at my old school, i hope my decision is the right one and i hope im not gonna regret this! thank you for everything and i pray the best for you too! Xx

      Delete
  11. I know it's late but I'm glad you chose to go for it :) I went to a boarding school since I was 13. Frankly speaking, its the best decision that I've ever made (well, my parents actually decided it for me and I'm forced to go to boarding school hahaha). Boarding school actually teaches you to be more independent and discipline (need to wash your clothes yourself, no internet or gadget, cannot ponteng, forced to join more extracurricular activities yada yada yada). I got to admit, its way too tiring and hectic, but you'll survive somehow :) On the bright side, its kinda like a preparation phase for when you're going to further your studies in university. Plus, I think you can always change your course. I was a pure science stream student in secondary school but then I further my studies in accountancy. A friend of mine went for law and another one even went for PE. You'll be fine :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually received an offer from MRSM three weeks after i registered ;-; But I chose to stay at TiKL eventhough my parents actually insisted me to go. True what u said, my new school made me so active in extracurricular activities, i think i wrote my name in almost everything but i barely got accepted especially in sports lol. I didnt regret for accepting the offer honestly. Thank you for the advice and best of luck to you! much love x

      Delete
  12. Should u accept this offer? or stay in your current school?

    Today is 1st of feb 2017. So, it makes no dference either i say yes or no.

    Just found yrs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 30 hari baru dapat respons.
      Yes, yes. Study is more important than blogging.

      Delete
    2. haha sorry! I cant even find a time to write a post, how do i find the time to reply comments XD

      Delete

I love footprints. So why dont you leave yours? Anyway, if you would like to get notification when I reply to your comment, just tick the "Notify Me" box!